Vegetable oils are essential for our health. Their beneficial properties are due to the unsaturated fats that they contain, substances that our body needs to obtain energy or for the proper functioning of the cells. Among all the vegetable oils, the olive oil and especially the extra virgin olive oil is the one that enjoys greater popularity. It has come to be known as the elixir of youth or the liquid gold of gastronomy.
It can fight heart disease, cancer and, if taken in moderation, excessive weight. Although it should not be abused as it is highly caloric with 900 kcal per 100 grams provided it is 100% pure oil. A tablespoon is equivalent to about 90 calories, so it is advisable to take one to two tablespoons in food.
Our body needs fats to survive but in moderate amounts. When choosing, you should preferably lean on the unsaturated ones and the oils are a good choice as they contain monounsaturated fats like olive oil, or polyunsaturated fats like seeds. They also provide vitamins A, D, E and K and fatty acids.
Olive oil is an essential ingredient in the Mediterranean diet, famous for its beneficial properties to prevent diseases such as cardiovascular, obesity or even cancer. Let’s see why it is so popular and recommended by health and fitness experts;
- It has a very important function in nutrition as it provides energy, it is a vehicle of fat-soluble vitamins i.e. A, D, E and K which are necessary for the absorption in the intestine.
- It also contains natural antioxidants, polyphenols, which have shown in medical studies a great protection against diseases such as cancer.
- Compared to the others, olive oil is better absorbed, as a result, the assimilation of its nutrients is faster and more complete.
- According to the studies, a diet rich in olive oil prevents atherosclerosis.
- It also contributes to bone mineralization, so it is recommended in childhood for proper growth and in adulthood for the prevention of diseases such as osteoporosis.
Storage of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The storage of it matters most for the reason that it affects the overall quality and its life. It is supposed to be stored in a bottle which does not let the light pass through it, as it is harmful for maintaining the quality. To get the best quality of extra virgin oil olive bottles, you should visit Vremi.com.
Vremi.com is an online store which offers high quality products with great style as well and you can find their reputation with many positive Vremi2 Reviews available online at different review websites and forums shared by their loyal and satisfied customers.