You might be sick of plunging the drains in your house, but as a homeowner at some point you can inevitably have problems with your sewer pipe and with no doubt you will defiantly need the best drain cleaner to unclog your drain. This is because before calling in a plumber, you will consider unclogging the drain on your own with a high quality drain cleaner. Ok, you might be wondering, what is the best cleaner that can clean down the pipes? Now that you your blocked drainage have stopped your life from running smoothly, both literally and symbolically, what you need is a good drain cleaner that will be effective in certain circumstances.
Whether a commercial best drain cleaner or homemade drain cleaner it must be effective, less risky to your health as well as to the environment and should save you from a costly visit from the plumber.
What To Look For In The Best Drain Cleaner?
- A good drain cleaner should work for both plastic and metal pipes.
- It should dissolve grease, hair, paper, food, rags, and other organic obstructions.
- It should be able to clear rots in the pipes as well as prevent or inhibit the new growth.
- It should be able to handle or prevent severe persistent root problems.
- It should be safe for all the piping approved for plumbing, drainage systems (protect pipes from corrosion).
- It should be safe and can be used in toilets, sinks, and drains.
When you are shopping for the best drain cleaner, you will definitely come across a variety of drain cleaners that you can pick from. Among the varieties available for purchase include the following;
- Gel drain cleaners
- Foaming drain cleaners
- Liquid drain cleaners
Before choosing one of these drain cleaners, it is important to consider they have the above mentioned properties. However, depending on what you are experiencing or the magnitude of your situation, one drain cleaner might be effective as compared to the other.
The best drain cleaner should be environment friendly. As a good citizen, you would not wish to use a cleaner that could cause harm to the environment. The commercial drain cleaners available in the market contain potent toxins and chemicals that could be hazardous for the ecosystem. It is, therefore, important that the product is environment friendly. A good drain cleaner contains natural enzyme formulations that have natural ingredients which do not have a negative impact on the environment.