The wood router is one of the most versatile tools as it is available as manual as well as power tool. A wood router is highly helpful and one of the most used tools in carpentry. It is used to make in wood and other materials decoration, recess, beveling and unions works. There are many types of wood routers in the carpentry and some of them are mentioned below;
Standard Router or Just Router
It is ideal for the amateur or professional wood router users. It has a fixed or semi-fixed base and can be used manually making it run on the piece in process or setting it on a table, in which case the moving part is the material being worked. This type of router is the ideal when it comes to portability as you can take it to where a router table would not fit.
It is very similar to the standard router. It is a hand-operated router whose distinctive feature is its base. This base is semi-fixed, allowing the operator to have more control and flexibility in the use of this tool. With simple and quick adjustments change is achieved in the cutting depth of the drill.
Safety Measures of Using Wood Routers
- Maintain tools in top condition. Keep tools clean for the best performance and safety. Follow instructions for lubrication and changing accessories. Check the tool cables periodically and if damaged, take it to the authorized workshop. Handles or knobs should always stay clean, dry and free of oil and grease.
- You should disconnect the wood router when it is not in use before performing the maintenance.
- You can reduce the risk of accidental starts if you don’t hold the tool with finger on switch while it’s attached to mains. So you must make sure the switch is in the ‘off’ position before you connect the power cord of wood router.
- On the outside, use only extension cords approved and marked accordingly.
- You must stay alert when you are working with a power tool. Look at what you’re doing and never use wood router when you are tired, sleepy or you have taken any drugs that cause relaxation or sleep.
Suppose you have just acquired a CNC Router, but you don’t know much about it. Suppose further that it’s a workshop that will be focused mainly on timber cutting. It is perhaps ready to begin machining of letters, frames, furniture, etc. With a CNC router, you can build anything and you bite your nails to get started with your favorite projects. Keep in mind that you just have got CNC router and you are a beginner, so you may not be ready for such projects. Here are some important points you must pay attention on maximizing your likelihoods of being successful quickly.
Purchase Decent Cutters
Choose good quality cutters, preferably Chinese cutters and reject the poor quality. It is important to get them by dependable resource that has rational prices. Cutter quality depends largely on the success of milling quality. The recommendation is to use carbide cutters as these have a lot of uses. Recommended measures are ½ “, ¼” and 3/16″.
No smaller at this very stage till you have learned about the less subtle cutters. Purchase1 flute for wood, 2 to 3 flutes for aluminum and 4 flutes for steel. Add 3 of each in every size to begin with. You will get few cutters broken, and when get it over, you should be accustomed to proper idea. It is important to tell yourself again that you wear protection glasses as some cutters will break and you surely do not want to lose an eye.
Get a Fastening Kit
There are things that happen unexpectedly when you hold a work piece on the CNC router. If you do not have a good grip, the work piece will move and then you would wonder what happened. You need a way to mount the vise to the T-slots of the table, so that you can also get a fastening kit. Any used kit will serve you.
Install a Vacuum System to Clean Out the Chip Cutter
This prevents the machine guides and zippers or dirty spindles.
Learn the Usage of MDI
The following step is about learning to manage your CNC router as if it were a manual milling machine with power supplies and movement on each axis. During the procedure, you will acquire basic G-codes to have an idea of what your set program is performing first time you use G-code. It is very convenient to carry out this trick and you can learn more detail with G-code lessons. It is important to start with cutter up, so that when the X and Y axes move, they do not go to break the cutter.