Owning and operating a steam carpet cleaner is one of the better methods for cleaning your home. If you do not have one now, you might want to spend some time in order to invest in a good one, so therefore I’ve put together this website and article to help you with your choice of steam cleaner. Because of the many factors needed to be looked upon when buying a carpet cleaning machine you should check these factors to know you are buying the right one. Here is a short list of the popular features that will help you decide if a carpet cleaner is for you or not;
- We are talking about steam carpet cleaner here, so something we need to look at immediately is the fact whether or not your machine has wheels or not. You want to have a flexible and moveable machine that reaches many areas of the house, so make sure you check how long the power chord is as well.
- How much does your steam carpet cleaner weigh? Does it become too heavy when you fill it with water? In order for your carpet cleaner to work properly, it will be filled with water, so it is important to look at the ‘total weight’ of your equipment before making a final decision. Obviously, the more you are able to move freely, with as little hassle as possible, the better it will be, but make sure you do not sacrifice other important features.
- Can you lift the machine to a second floor if you have one? Are you able to completely lift your steam cleaner yourself? This might be an important factor for your decision.
- Take a look at the nozzle of your potential carpet cleaner. The nozzle is the part that will output the hot water when it’s turned on. Things to look for is if it is possible to adjust this nozzle, of course, we need to be able to adjust it because not everything in your home will be able to be cleaned with the same heat. Another thing to look at is the temperature of the steam coming out of the nozzle. You might want to be able to adjust that as well. A good guideline for most home carpets is 240-260 degrees.
- When buying a steam carpet cleaner, check the accessories, warranties, guarantees and service. Sometimes your carpet cleaner will break and you do not want to have to send it away too far or spend too much money for repair. It’s better to sometimes invest in a more expensive machine and be sure that it will work longer instead of buying a crappy one that might break or doesn’t come with any warranty or guarantee.
This is just a taste of what you can expect from having your own carpet steam cleaner. It’s important to choose the right one and then use it as best possible. The idea of ordering a steam cleaner might be tough right now, but hopefully these quick tips might help decide on one that will work for your needs, for a long time ahead.