Netflix is a US corporation that serves the United States, Canada and several countries in Latin America and Europe. The service offers video rental, by mail only for the United States, and by video streaming to different devices with internet access, a service that has gained popularity. If you are interested in trying the service, usually they offer a free trial period. To subscribe and start your trial period, you can visit official website of Netflix.
How does Netflix work?
For a fixed monthly subscription amount, you can watch unlimited movies and episodes of TV shows using your internet connection.
Movies or episodes are sent to you by streaming to your PC, Mac, mobile phone, or other devices that connects to your television. Of course, the image quality depends on the bandwidth you have of your Internet connection.
Netflix has sought to differentiate itself from other TV services by creating their original content i.e. films and television series; the most famous House of Cards was first introduced in February 2013 and the return of Arrested Development for season 4. Emmy Awards in 2014 also highlighted the television series Hemlock Grove with two nominations.
What you need to watch Netflix on TV?
Netflix can stream directly to multiple devices that can be connected directly to your TV.
Here is a brief description of what you need for some of them;
- Among the Xbox 360 console menu, find the ‘Video Marketplace’, select the option and follow the steps mentioned. To use Netflix with Xbox 360 console, it is essential that you have an Xbox Live Gold membership.
- For Xbox One, download and install the free Netflix app to use your account and view the contents of Netflix. Netflix is available on Xbox Live as well.
- For Wii (Nintendo), using the console, install Netflix through Wii Shop Channel, and follow the steps.
- For PlayStation 3 (PS3), select Netflix in the main area of the Playstation screen and follow the instructions given to you to link your account with your Playstation 3 with Netflix account. To use a PS3 Netflix, it is essential that you have a Playstation Network membership.
- For PlayStation 4 (PS4), select ‘TV & Video’ on the home screen. Netflix selects from the options presented to you and download the application. Once the download is completed, it is automatically installed, after which you can start using your Netflix account on your PS4 system. Like PS3, it is essential that you have a Playstation Network membership.
Hulu was founded in 2007 owned by NBCUniversal, News Corporation, The Walt Disney Company and Providence Equity Partners. Hulu provides online video service with a selection of TV shows, video clips and movies. The basic service is free. You can visit their official website to access their content by getting Hulu Plus subscription.
Hulu offers videos of more than 350 major content companies and the users can watch the current TV programs along with many classic series. Hulu also offers original video productions like A Day in the Life and The Morning After and it also offers a wide range of films and documentaries including the titles from Miramax and the renowned Criterion Collection.
How does Hulu work?
To use the basic service which is free, you are required to visit the official website of Hulu and click on the video of your choice and you will see it straightaway. The videos are available for unlimited streaming, or you can watch your favorite programs and videos over and over again for free.
Hulu is still free and legal through an advertising model, which means that a lot of publicity runs during a normal commercial break as any TV channel would run as well.
Hulu does not require you to download any software. All you need is Flash and a computer with Internet connection. It also gives you the freedom to share the full episodes or parts of the videos via email or social networking sites like Facebook.
What is Hulu Plus?
Hulu Plus is a subscription service that offers advertising television series ABC current and previous seasons, Comedy Central, CW, FOX, NBC, MTV and Univision for a price of $7.99 USD in exchange as the monthly payment. It is available on smart TVs, gaming consoles, mobile phones and tablets such as iPad. You can also get free Hulu account at many online resources of premium account sharing sites.
What do you need to watch video content on Hulu?
To view the basic service of Hulu, you just need Adobe Flash Player, any internet browser like Safari, Chrome or Firefox and a computer with stable internet connection. Note that the service is available only in the United States and Japan so far.
List of devices that you can use to watch Hulu Plus
You can use a wide range of the devices to watch Hulu Plus. For Blu-ray players and televisions, you have to use a model with internet access. For basic service of Hulu, you can use a computer with an internet browser.
For gaming consoles, you can use the following devices;
- Xbox 360
- Playstation 3
For mobile devices, the following devices will work well.
- iPod touch
- Kindle Fire
- Nintendo 3DS
For Televisions and Blu-Ray
- Toshiba Blu-rays
- Dynex Blu-rays
For DVR and similar options
- WD TV
- RCA Media Player
- Netgear Media Player